Christmas Protein Balls
A great healthy option for Christmas that’s easy to make!
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup brown rice protein powder or plain protein powder of choice
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, softened
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup or Organic Blue Agava
- Extra coconut for coating
- (Optional) – Coat in white powered sugar for an even more Christmasy look and taste!
* Makes approximately 12 balls.
* Each ball contains 7-8 grams of protein
Prep time: approximately 10 – 15 min from start to finish
- Place the coconut, almonds and cashew in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the protein powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt, process until combined.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract and rice malt syrup (or Organic Blue Agava) and process until the mixture comes together like a dough. Roll the mixture into balls and coat in the extra coconut. Allow to set in the fridge or freezer.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigeratorMakes a great gift! Place in a Christmas tin, making sure to have bottom covered with wax paper. If layered, cover each layer with wax paper and keep refrigerated till gifted.