Summer Squash Slaw
Ditch the coleslaw this summer at your cookout and opt for this healthy summer squash recipe instead. This recipe serves up a generous side dish for 6-8, and can easily be doubled to accommodate more — so don’t be afraid to invite the neighbors! (Bonus points for using local produce, because every ingredient on the list is in season in AZ all summer long!)
• 2 cups organic/local zucchini, julienned
• 2 cups organic/local summer squash, julienned
• 1 cups organic/local radishes, sliced
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley, rough chopped
• 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard
• 1/2 cup avocado oil
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• salt to taste
• pepper to taste
1. Toss zucchini, squash, radishes, parsley, and dill in large bowl.
2. Whisk avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard in small bowl.
3. Pour dressing over slaw and toss with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Vimtrim – Encouraging a healthier lifestyle.